Try posting for the upcoming Elluminate B session an example, a question, or suggestion for class discussion.
Google Reader has been fairly invaluable to me as far as keeping track of interesting links and being able to reference them later. Delicious (now that I've started using it) is going to be even better. But sometimes I don't know if an article is good enough to save and/or share. Or it looks promising, but I don't have time to check it out. What do you do with those links?
I'd love to hear suggestions. What I currently do is drag the link to a folder on my toolbar. This folder is titled "*", and basically it's a read-it-later folder. My two problems: 1. I ignore stuff in there constantly, and it becomes obsolete. 2. It's too hard to clear the items in there. After I have reviewed a link, I have to open "Organize Bookmarks" and individually remove the ones I've read. I've discovered that I can drag the link to other folders, or the toolbar, but not to the trash.
So if it's not your job to read stuff on the internet, how do you keep up?
I think that part of the challenge is to not read it if it isn't going to be useful, and to not feel guilty when you don't get back to it.
ReplyDeleteI'll talk more about it tomorrow, but my technique is to scan, first in one-line google reader mode, then for certain tags in full post mode, and anything I think might be interesting I star. I do my reading predominately from the star list. Yes, some things I miss this way, but there are other ways to find them later.
-- Christopher Allen
I believe it is what your mother told you, follow your first instinct, accept or reject, and move on. Savor a good novel, don't lose sleep over the internet.
ReplyDelete